Adams County Arts Council
- 125 South Washington Street
- Gettysburg, PA 17325
- MAP »
- Phone: (717) 334-5006
- Fax: (717) 338-2041
Monday - Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 2 pm
First Friday Hours
5 p.m. – 7:30 p.m
Evening hours will correspond with the class schedule, please call before planning a visit.
- Saturday: 10 am - 2 pm
In case of inclement weather, the ACAC follows the Gettysburg School District closing schedule.
• Incorporated in 1993, the Adams County Arts Council has evolved from a small group of optimistic organizers into a nonprofit arts organization, with a membership of 500, and a mission to cultivate an arts-rich community.
• ACAC’s primary goals are to provide high-quality arts in education opportunities for students of all ages, to support local arts presenters, schools, and artists, and to promote economic development through the arts.
• In 2011, through a tremendous outpouring of community support, ACAC completed a 1.8 million project and opened its new Arts Education Center. The 10,000 sq. ft. center includes inviting spaces for arts and culinary classes, artist studios, a gallery for local art, pottery and glass workshop, and reception hall with full kitchen for community/private events. The facility breaks down barriers of cost with scholarships for low-income youth and senior citizens.
• ACAC programs typically reach an audience of 28,000 people each year.
• Our Arts in Education program, Roots & Wings – Arts for the Ages, offers artist residencies in local schools and reaches thousands of students annually. These talented artists bring the joy of the arts to children throughout the county.
• ACAC’s innovative Eat Smart Play Hard program incorporates a chef, nutritionist, and movement instructor to help youngsters combat childhood obesity.
• The STAR Grant – Supporting The Arts Regionally – provides financial support for arts programs throughout the county and serves about 7,000 people annually.
• The Adams County Commissioners designated ACAC as the county’s official arts in education provider in 2004.
• ACAC is an active and well-respected community partner that works with more than 30 schools, nonprofit organizations, social service agencies, and local governments who help ACAC broaden its reach into the county.