2019 Upcoming Events
Have a great time at our events and help provide enriching arts experiences for thousands of children in Adams County.
Unless otherwise noted, events will be held at the center, 125 South Washington St, Gettysburg.
First Friday – Jan- Nov, 5 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Join us at the opening reception for new exhibits, meet and greet the artists, and enjoy refreshments on Gettysburg’s First Friday. NOTE: No First Friday at the center on December 6.
3rdthursdaynoon Brown Bag Lunch series – July through December
- Free arts and cultural programs each 3rd Thursday at 12 noon.
16th Annual Juried Art Exhibition – May 30- June 21, Schmucker Art Gallery, Gettysburg College
- Annual exhibit of regional artists. Opening reception May 31, 5- 7 p.m. with awards at 6 p.m.
Scavenger Hunts- September 21 in downtown Gettysburg and September 28 on Steinwehr Avenue, 1 pm. to 3 pm.
- Find arty clues and win prizes.
Meet Authors Stephanie Dray, Laura Kamoie, E. Knight, October 14, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Meet three of the six bestselling authors who bring to life the newly released epic novel of the French revolution Ribbons of Scarlet.
Costume Party – October 25, 7 pm to 11 pm, The Barn at Herr Ridge (beside The Livery)
- Come as you aren’t to our new location at The Barn. 2019 theme- Fables, Folklore and Legends. DJ, silent auction, costume prizes.
Giving Spree- November 7, 4 pm to 7 pm
- Support the Arts Council and visit us at our table as we join with other nonprofits for the Adams County Community Foundation’s annual day of giving.
Read Between the Vines- November 21, 5 pm to 7 pm
- Enjoy wine & cheese with Cheryl Kelly, Sales Manager for Penguin Random House, as she previews new books for your book club and holiday shopping list
10th Annual Gingerbread Celebration & Holiday Mart – Dec 6, 7, 8, Grant Building, 12 Chambersburg St., Gettysburg
- See amazing gingerbread houses, enjoy children’s activities, and get the perfect handmade gift at the mart.
Jingle Ball- December 7, Gettysburg Museum & Visitor Center, 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Celebrate the holiday season at a spectacular black tie dinner and dance with Philadelphia’s Renaissance Orchestra.
Gettysburg New Year’s Eve Celebration – December 31
- Entertainment at downtown venues, fireworks and party in Lincoln Square.
Dancing with the Local Stars: January 17, 2020,
- 7 p.m., Majestic Theater
- Local celebrities pair with professional choreographers in this popular event, co-presented with the YWCA of Gettysburg.
For more information, contact (717) 334-5006 or firstname.lastname@example.org