Our friendly, well-trained staff helps the Arts Council bring the arts to life in Adams County. We offer part-time as well as career positions. Applicants must be able to obtain PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA Criminal Record Check, and Federal Criminal History Record, through FBI Fingerprinting. The Adams County Arts Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider.
Adams County Arts Council Executive Director
The Executive Director is responsible for the administration of the Adams County Arts Council (ACAC) and its Education Center in Gettysburg, PA. The Executive Director reports to a volunteer Board of Directors. A successful candidate will be responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission, program and financial objectives as well as the implementation of its strategic plan to attain the organization’s goals and vision for the future. The Executive Director will have overall responsibility for ACAC’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. She or he will need to develop deep knowledge of existing core programs, operations, and business plans.
This is a full time, exempt position, with health benefits, paid time off, holidays and retirement fund options.
Leadership and Management:
- Ensuring ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize community volunteers, artists, instructors, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, funders, and other key stake holders.
- Developing, maintaining, and supporting a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for all ongoing operations.
- Leading, coaching, developing, and retaining high-performance management and programmatic team.
- Ensuring effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other stake holders and. constituents.
- Expand revenue derived from programming, grant writing, legacy gifts and fundraising activities to support existing operations and expansion in the community and county wide while simultaneously retiring debt.
- Note—In light of the pandemic that has swept our nation, we now see that the arts need to evolve like all of society. A successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a realization of this and offer a perspective on the future of arts organizations. This includes programing, classroom instruction and fundraising. Arts must play a role in our nation’s recovery.
All candidates should have proven leadership, employee development, coaching, and relationship management experience with a focus and broad knowledge of the arts. Specific requirements include:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and at least three to five years of experience in nonprofit management, the arts, design or related fields is preferred.
- A demonstrated track record of effectively leading and scaling a performance and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Full access to a vehicle and ability to work flexible hours
Valid driver’s license, clear criminal and child safety screenings/background checks
Please send resume to Stuart Kravits at firstname.lastname@example.org