Our friendly, well-trained staff helps the Arts Council bring the arts to life in Adams County. We offer part-time as well as career positions. Applicants must be able to obtain PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA Criminal Record Check, and Federal Criminal History Record, through FBI Fingerprinting. The Adams County Arts Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider.
The Adams County Arts Council is a vibrant, growing nonprofit organization in Gettysburg PA, which brings the arts to life for 20,000 area residents and visitors each year. ACAC’s mission is to cultivate an arts rich community. The Arts Council is seeking a Development Director who will share our vision – – to inspire and lead our community to enrich lives and improve wellbeing through first class arts experiences, creative opportunities and collaborating relationships that establish community and a sustainable arts organization in this region. This new senior leadership position is ideal for a person eager to excel at a range of responsibilities including the design and implementation of a fundraising plan which will meet our short term and long-term goals, grant writing and management, donor relations, and a capital campaign.
• Design and implement an overall development/fundraising plan for ACAC to include identifying grant opportunities and writing grants, annual and specialized appeals (i.e. Legacy donations, sponsorships,) Planned Giving, and growing our current Capital Campaign efforts. The Plan will provide budget elements and evaluation tools.
• Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations with the assistance of Board and Development Committee
• Manage the use of donor software and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
• Develop and maintain ongoing relations with major donors
• Organization of related special events
• Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
• Train Board, staff and volunteers in areas of solicitation, database management and interpretation of data
• Promote and maintain high standards of community relations
Qualifications and experience
• Ability to deal pleasantly, tactfully and efficiently with people of all ages and temperaments.
• Ability to follow oral and written instruction.
• Ability to learn and follow ACAC best practices, policies, goals and objectives.
• Analytical ability to understand and interpret donor philanthropic data.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Education and Experience
• BA (required), MA (a plus), CFRE (a plus)
• 5+ years of experience in leading successful nonprofit fundraising efforts
• Complete understanding of fundraising strategies
• Experience in grant writing with excellent written skills and ability to write persuasive and clear proposals
• Demonstrated skill in planning, oral communication, and budgeting
• Knowledge of donor software
• Ability to utilize Microsoft Office application and electronic information sources
This is a new full time, exempt position which reports to the Executive Director. Starting salary is strictly within the range of $45,000 – $50,000 per year, commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance stipend, 10 annual paid holidays and PTO, Simple IRA after 2 years. Reliable transportation and some weekend and evening hours are required.
Why the Adams County Arts Council?
Ready to leave behind the city and traffic for a charming, historic small town with a dynamic arts council? Join the enthusiastic and dedicated team at our arts education center where we spark creativity and bring daily joy to students of all ages. The center includes spaces for arts and culinary classes, artist studios, galleries for local art, pottery workshop, and reception hall with full kitchen. To provide valuable arts education opportunities to all community members, ACAC offers year-round classes and full scholarships for children with low socioeconomic status. With the help of many community partners in our 25-year history, the Adams County Arts Council has brought the joy of the arts to more than 756,000 people. This new position will help launch the Arts Council to new heights in service to the community.
TO APPLY Send a cover letter, resume, and the names of 3 references to email@example.com with ‘Development Director’ and First and Last name in the subject line.
The Adams County Arts Council is an Equal Opportunity provider and employer.
Program Director, Wendy Heiges, is always looking for well qualified enthusiastic instructors. If you’re interested please email her your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.