- Incorporated in 1993, the Adams County Arts Council has evolved from a small group of optimistic organizers into a nonprofit arts organization, with a membership of 500, and a mission to cultivate an arts-rich community.
- In 2011, through a tremendous outpouring of community support, ACAC completed a 1.8 million project and opened its new Arts Education Center. The 10,000 sq. ft. center includes inviting spaces for arts and culinary classes, artist studios, a gallery for local art, pottery and glass workshop, and reception hall with full kitchen for community/private events. The facility breaks down barriers of cost with scholarships for low-income youth and senior citizens.
- ACAC programs typically reach an audience of 20,000 people each year.
- The Adams County Commissioners designated ACAC as the county’s official arts in education provider in 2004.
- ACAC is an active and well respected community partner that works with more than 30 schools, nonprofit organizations, social service agencies, and local governments who help ACAC broaden its reach into the county.
Board and Staff