MEL SHULL AND NANETTE HATZES MEMORIAL FUND GRANTS
Request for Proposals
The Adams County Arts Council announces a competitive request for proposals, for two grants to be awarded in 2024. The Mel Shull Grant will be awarded for up to $625 and the Nanette Hatzes Grant will be awarded for up to $1,000. Both awards support qualifying individuals with projects in fine arts, performing arts, literary arts, and/or healing arts. Grants will be awarded in June 2024 at ACAC’s Annual Juried Art Exhibition.
In 2020 and 2021, the Adams County Arts Council established two grants in memory of local artists Mel Shull and Nanette Hatzes. The purpose of these grants is to remember in perpetuity these two artists of Adams County, who made significant contributions to furthering arts awareness and education, and to foster success for local artists and students pursuing arts opportunities in Adams County.
- Applicants must be aspiring or established artists residing in Adams County.
- Projects must include a public component, demonstrating a focus on arts education, using any of the disciplines of fine arts, performing arts, literary arts, and/or healing arts.
- Grants are to be used for direct project costs (i.e., artist’s time, materials, venue, marketing of the project’s public/educational component).
- Individual artists applying for the grant must include a partnering venue in Adams County where the project will be exhibited, performed, taught, or otherwise shared with the community. Artists receiving the award without a partnering 501(c)3 nonprofit organization or school will be required to submit a W-9, and will be responsible for any taxes due for the award income.
- Applicants must submit a written narrative detailing the project, project timeline, description of art discipline(s) to be explored/used, and the educational/public component of the project.
- Applicants must submit a budget detailing use of the funds and any matching funds supporting the project. (Matching funds are not required).
- Applicants must submit a portfolio of artworks they have produced in the past.
- Projects must be completed within two years of grant award.
- Artists must submit a final report evaluating the project within 30 days of project completion and no later than 12 months and 30 days after issuance of award.
Postmark on or before February 2, 2024. Mail to: Adams County Arts Council Attn: Mel Shull and Nan Hatzes Memorial Fund Grants 125 S. Washington Street Gettysburg, PA 17325