- Drop-off for artwork: Monday, April 3 or Tuesday, April 4, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Exhibit Opening: Friday, April 7, 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Refreshments will be served. Exhibit Hours: April 7-21, weekdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please call for Saturday and evening hours.
- Awards Ceremony: Friday, April 28 at 6pm. Refreshments will be available.
- Pick-up for all pieces: Friday, April 28, 6:15-8:00 pm or call to make arrangements.
- Note: Art cannot be held more than 14 days following closing of the show.
- Pieces not picked up may be discarded or become the property of the Arts Council.
- Students may submit one work of art constructed entirely of recyclable materials.
- Artwork may not exceed 36 inches in any direction.
- We have tables for displaying free standing and flat pieces. We also have wall space so artwork designed to hang is welcomed but it must be equipped with appropriate hanging wire or plastic hanger.
- Entries must be submitted via our online form by March 24, 2023. The link to the form can be found on our website at adamsarts.org
- Each piece must be identified with the participant’s name and name of the work and securely attached to the project when dropping off.
- A panel of judges will rate the work based on these criteria: Integration and Transformation How are the recyclable items incorporated into the project to transform them into a piece of art? Creativity, Individuality, Originality, Uniqueness How does the piece of work reflect the theme of using recyclable materials to produce artwork that is unique? Presentation, Aesthetics Was the participant able to pull the materials together to create a neat, sturdy, clearly formed piece of art?
- For our “Repurposed Art” category, judging will be considered separately from all other categories, but students may still be eligible to win in their grade or overall category. Judging will focus on students’ ability to transform their materials not only into art, but also an item that could be used in a person’s day-to-day life.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three entries in each category as follows: Grades K-2, Grades 3-5, Grades 6-8, Grades 9-12, and Repurposed Art. People’s Choice and Best of Show will also receive a cash prize. All students will receive a certificate of participation.
- Students may work in any media.
Adams County Arts Council